As of January 2012 I'll be a 2nd grade teacher. My principal felt that my skills would be better served in the lower grade. So the next couple of days I need to get my class moved and ready to roll when we get back from the break.
We're having an End of the Year/Semester Party next Tuesday. My theme is 1st Semester Awards. I'm working on some fun awards to dole out. Thinking about some of these
- Good and Plenty: Read good and plenty of books/ideas
- Milky Way: For being a star student
- Almond Joy: Always being joyful
- Snickers: Able to make others snicker/laugh
- Whatchamacallit: known for asking more than your fair share of questions
- 3 Musketeers: Couldn't separate you from your friends
- Payday: Everyday is Payday cause you come to work every day!
- Skor: You do a great job and make a great effort
Since someone told me it wasn't "fair" for me to ask each of my students to donate $3 towards our party I'll just foot the bill and get each a candybar. I geuss it's fair for me to dole out $23 than for each kid to bring $3 so we can have food/drinks at our party.
I should give that person a "Sour Patch" award for trying to rain on my parade.
Monday we're having an all day reading event. They're bringing in hot coco and the kiddies are going to read pretty much all day. I have some final educational activities for them to do while I'm packing my room, showing a video and maintaining order. Shouldn't be a disappointing day at all.